Vail Valley Foundation
PO Box 6550
90 Benchmark Rd., Ste. 300
Avon, CO 81620
For sponsorship and booth inquiries, please email Dave Dressman at email@example.com
Following the path of its summer counterpart, the GoPro Mountain Games, the Winter Mountain Games Preview event in 2022 will take place Feb. 25-27 and return in 2023 in full.
“This year, everyone will get a taste of just how awesome this event is going to be,” said Dave Dressman, Event Director of the Mountain Games for the Vail Valley Foundation. “In 2022, we’ll have a great lineup of concerts and a weekend of competition that celebrates the mountain lifestyle that will be a very bright part of this winter in the Rockies. Then in 2023, we’ll turn it up yet another notch with additional competitions and events.”
World Cup Ice Climbing is among the competitions coming in 2023.
“We look forward to bringing international-level Ice Climbing competitions back to Vail, which is one of the best places to ice climb in the world, and we have a lot more in mind for 2023 as well.”
Competition bib, bike plate, wristbands and athlete gifts will be available at Event Registration, located at the top of the Lionshead Parking Structure in the Grand Room. Hours of operation are:
- Thursday, Feb. 24, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 25, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 26, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 27, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Skimo Individual – Open to USA Skimo members only
- Tincup Skimo Sprint – Open to USA Skimo members only
- Skimo Vertical – Open to USA Skimo members AND open to the public
- XC Snowshoe 5K/10K/5K Dog Derby (Open to humans and their best friends)
- Nature Valley Bootlegger Hill Climb – Open to the public
- TIAA Bank Fat Tire Bike Challenge – Open to all levels of bikers
- Music – FREE to attend
Yes. If you would like to compete in all three Skimo competitions throughout the weekend, you can register for an event/weekend license with USA Skimo here. You will still need to register for the competitions at winter.mountaingames.com/register.
* Athletes competing to qualify for the national team must have an annual license/membership.
- While viewing for the Skimo Individual and the Skimo Vertical is limited to the starts and finishes of the races only, in f Vail Village/Mountain Plaza and Golden Peak , the Tincup Skimo Sprint is an extremely spectator-friendly event. The Skimo Sprint takes place on Head First and Pepi’s Face, where spectators can watch the athletes from start-to-finish from the base of the mountain. As a reminder, there is no on mountain viewing for the Skimo Individual competition.
- The Nature Valley Bootlegger Hill Climb will take place at Golden Peak, where spectators can watch from the base of the mountain.
- The XC Snowshoe 5K/10K/5K Dog Derby and TIAA Bank Fat Tire Bike Challenge will take place at the Vail Nordic Center.
The Winter Mountain Games FREE concert series takes place at the Solaris Concert Stage in the heart of Vail Village on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 25-26. American rock ‘n’ roll band Low Cut Connie performs Friday, Feb. 25, at 5 p.m. followed by Galactic featuring Anjelika Jelly Joseph at 7 p.m. JoJo Hermann, who started playing keys with Widespread Panic in 1992, performs Saturday, Feb. 26, at 5 p.m. followed by indie-alternative rock band Moon Taxi at 7 p.m. Après performances and Sunday’s Bloodies and Bluegrass will also take place on the Solaris Concert Stage.
Expo and demo areas are situated throughout the event where vendors will have their latest and greatest merch on display and on sale. For inquiries about becoming a partner of the Winter Mountain Games in Vail, visit winter.mountaingames.com/partners or email Dave Dressman at firstname.lastname@example.org.